MIDDLESEX HOSPITAL ALLIANCE
Strathroy Middlesex General Hospital, Strathroy
Posting # 004-2023
CASUAL PART-TIME MEDICAL RADIATION TECHNOLOGIST – 2 positions
SMGH Diagnostic Imaging
Position available immediately
- Available for all shifts (7.5h and 4.0h ) including days, evenings, weekends, stat holidays and participation in the on-call rotation
- Perform all General Radiology, Portable exams, and OR examinations
- Ability to assist with special procedures including hip and facet injections
- Perform all non-contrast CT and select IV contrast enhanced CT exams
- Ensure patient care and comfort is maintained at all times.
- Ensure that protection measures are appropriately utilized in order to minimize hazards due to radiation.
- Exercising sound professional judgment, using best practice guidelines.
- Contribute to a safe, inclusive environment for all, through compliance with patient and staff safety policies and procedures
- Address and resolve minor issues in a productive, respectful manner
- Collaborate with senior technologists & Clinical Instructor to mentor and train new staff
- Must provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox) and proof of 2 COVID-19 vaccinations
- Must provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing within the previous 12 months
- Member in good standing of the College of Medical Radiation and Imaging Technologists of Ontario (CMRITO), CAMRT and OAMRS
- Minimum of 2 years hospital experience preferred
- Ability to assess concurrent demands, set priorities, organizes work and deliver excellent quality imaging in a busy environment.
- Demonstrated computer skills in Cerner Radnet, PACS and Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal communication and critical thinking skills
- Strong team player with the ability to perform duties independently and professionally
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service and patient care skills
- Evidence of ongoing professional development and self-directed learning
- Understanding and demonstrated use of good body mechanics
- Demonstrated excellence in attendance
- Must live/stay within 30min of hospital for on-call hours
*The MHA is a FRAGRANCE FREE environment*
Qualified individuals interested in this opportunity may submit a resume by e-mail to email@example.com.
Internal candidates are asked to apply no later than January 18, 2023.
This will remain posted until position is filled.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates, as a condition of job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector police check (original document) completed in the last 12 months prior to commencing employment.
*Accommodations are available on request for interviews and other selection processes*