Middlesex Hospital Alliance
Strathroy Middlesex General Hospital Site
TEMPORARY PART-TIME REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSE – for approximately 18 months
Ambulatory Care Department
|Available for variable day shifts Monday to FridayPosition Available immediately
- Must provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox) and proof of 2 COVID-19 vaccinations
- Must provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing within the previous 12 months
- Current certificate of competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Valid BCLS certificate
- Minimum 2 years experience within the last 5 years in the Ambulatory Care setting
- Minimum 2 years experience within the last 5 years with procedural based assisting in plastics, ENT, orthopedics, general surgery, pain management, urology, general medicine, gynecology and surgical instrumentation
- Valid Aseptic technique course or equivalent
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Infection Control Guidelines
- Accredited Medication Administration Course
- Demonstrated effective, collaborative, interpersonal and communications skills as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Evidence of ongoing professional development and self-directed learning
- Demonstrated ability to assess concurrent demands, set priorities, organize work and maintain accuracy and concentration during periods of high activity
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing environment and/or client needs
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both as an active member of the health care team and also ability to practice independently
- Demonstrated excellence in attendance.
- Understanding and use of good body mechanics.
*The MHA is a FRAGRANCE FREE environment*
Qualified individuals interested in this opportunity may submit a resume using the online form. Internal candidates are asked to apply no later than January 22, 2024
This will remain posted until position is filled.
We are committed to providing a safe, healthy and inclusive work environment that inspires respect. MHA is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ2+ persons. We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities and standards of goods and services.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates, as a condition of job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector police check (original document) completed in the last 12 months prior to commencing employment.
Accommodations are available on request for interviews and other selection processes