MIDDLESEX HOSPITAL ALLIANCE
Strathroy Middlesex General Hospital Site
CASUAL PART TIME HOUSEKEEPING AIDE
|Position available immediately
|Must be available to perform all required shifts, including weekend rotation Job Duties:
|Dust, vacuum, wet vac, scrub, and mop floors as required Clean and disinfect all assigned areas including, all equipment, furniture, and fixtures in patient care and public areas Wash walls and windows Scrub stairways Clean and vacuum elevators Carbolize beds as required Damp dust all light fixturesAssist cleaning and disinfecting OR rooms as necessary Respond to housekeeping calls/pages for bed cleansAbility to work in a team environmentUse a variety of floor care equipment/machines Other duties as required and assigned
- Must provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox) and proof of two COVID-19 vaccinations is required
- Must provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing within the previous 12 months
- Secondary School Diploma
- Understanding of, and attention to the use of good body mechanics
- Basic computer skills in a Windows environment, including Microsoft Outlook
- Best Practice Educational Tool Kit to Environmental Cleaning Course or must be completed within the first two months upon hire
- Candidate to possess the physical ability to regularly lift up to 16kg (35 lbs)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Excellence in attendance
- Understanding and adherence to strict confidentiality of information
*The MHA is a FRAGRANCE FREE environment*
Qualified individuals interested in this opportunity may submit a resume using the online form. Internal candidates are asked to apply no later than January 22, 2024
This will remain posted until position is filled.
We are committed to providing a safe, healthy and inclusive work environment that inspires respect. MHA is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ2+ persons. We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities and standards of goods and services.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates, as a condition of job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector police check (original document) completed in the last 12 months prior to commencing employment.
Accommodations are available on request for interviews and other selection processes