Middlesex Hospital Alliance
FULL-TIME PAYROLL SPECIALIST
• Monday to Friday at both Four Counties Health Services and Strathroy Middlesex General Hospital
• 75 hours per pay period
• Position Available immediately
• Must provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox) and documented proof of two COVID 19 vaccinations
• Must provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing within the previous 12 months
• Payroll Compliance Practitioner certified through CPA or college equivalent required
• Post-secondary education in accounting/business is an asset
• Minimum of three years analytical payroll experience with strong knowledge of human resources, compensation and benefits practices
• MediSolution/Virtuo Payroll and Hoopp software experience strongly preferred
• Crystal Report writing an asset
• Experience working in a union and non-union environment
• Strong computer proficiency with MS Office, intermediate level knowledge of Excel, working knowledge of Word
• Demonstrated strong keyboarding skills
• Demonstrated advanced knowledge of payroll legislation and an ability to investigate and research complex payroll issues
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Self-motivation, strong organization skills, problem solving skills and flexibility to prioritize duties
• Capability to adapt to a changing work environment
• Ability to work at both hospital sites through out the week on an ongoing basis
• Respect for confidentiality of payroll and human resources information
• Commitment to Continuous Quality Improvement
• Prepare, input, balance, calculate, transmit and distribute bi-weekly payroll
• Data entry and checking of time sheets
• Verify time coding accuracy, correct errors, and process adjustments to employee time and pay
• Complete remittances for all payroll deductions relating to Receiver General of Canada, Hospital Pension Plan, WSIB, and EHT etc.
• Complete and reconcile all legally required year end reports and returns in an accurate and timely fashion (i.e. T4’s, T4A’s, HOOPP, EHT, WSIB)
• Prepare billings for HOOPP and healthcare benefits for staff on leaves
• Monthly payroll benefit reconciliations
• Active problem solving in a team atmosphere with Finance staff, Human Resources, other departments, and MediSolutions
The MHA is a FRAGRANCE FREE environment
Qualified individuals interested in this opportunity may submit a resume by e-mail to email@example.com.
Internal candidates are asked to apply no later than January 22, 2024.
This will remain posted until position is filled.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates, as a condition of job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector police check (original document) completed in the last 12 months prior to commencing employment.
We are committed to providing a safe, healthy and inclusive work environment that inspires respect. MHA is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ2+ persons. We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities and standards of goods and services.
Accommodations are available on request for interviews and other selection processes