FULL-TIME MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNOLOGIST
Position available April 2024
• Available for all shifts (7.5h, 11.25h) including days, nights, weekends, and STAT holidays
• Perform all routine technical and medical laboratory procedures in Core Lab and Transfusion Medicine, including phlebotomy
• Must provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox) and documented proof of two COVID 19 vaccinations
• Must provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing within the previous 12 months
• Must have successfully completed a program in Medical Laboratory Technology from an accredited post-secondary institution
• Current registration in good standing with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario (CMLTO)
• Preference given to those with minimum 2 years’ experience in a hospital core laboratory environment
• Ability to assess concurrent demands, prioritize, organize workload and maintain accuracy in a busy environment
• Ability to work independently and demonstrate a high level of initiative, accountability and critical thinking skills
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal communication skills and professionalism
• Strong team player that promotes a positive attitude within the organization
• Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office with Cerner PathNet knowledge an asset
• Evidence of ongoing professional development and self-directed learning
• Demonstrated excellence in attendance and performance
• Understanding and demonstrated use of good body mechanics
The MHA is a FRAGRANCE FREE environment
Qualified individuals interested in this opportunity may submit a resume using the online form
Internal candidates are asked to apply no later than January 31, 2024.
This will remain posted until position is filled.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates, as a condition of job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector police check (original document) completed in the last 12 months prior to commencing employment.
We are committed to providing a safe, healthy and inclusive work environment that inspires respect. MHA is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ2+ persons. We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities and standards of goods and services.
Accommodations are available on request for interviews and other selection processes