MIDDLESEX HOSPITAL ALLIANCE
STRATHROY MIDDLESEX GENERAL HOSPITAL
REGULAR PART-TIME REGISTRATION CLERK
Patient Registration Department
• Position available Immediately
• All shifts and rotations, 12 hour shifts and/or 8 hour shifts, including weekends, Stat holidays and call ins
• Register patients for Emergency, Outpatients, Surgical Day Care and Inpatients and Remote Registration of patients for Four Counties Health Services using CERNER programs
• Operate a centralized Switchboard including overhead paging for both sites
• Operate Beeper System and Paging
• Respond to various alarm systems, contact external emergency agencies
• Physical requirements include the ability to perform overhead lifting/reaching, climbing, walking and repetitive paper hole punching (many of these tasks are for many hours at a time).
• Perform general clerical duties (filing/sorting), including cashier duties
• Filing of health records, loose reports, chart pulls, combining records, and other chart related duties in Health Records (e.g. file room)
• Must provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox) and documented proof of 2 Covid 19 vaccinations
• Must provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing within the previous 12 months
• Medical Administrative Assistant diploma, or other related post secondary education, essential
• Knowledge of Cerner preferred
• Computer competency within a Windows environment using Microsoft office, essential
• Proficiency in Medical Terminology, essential
• A minimum of two years previous experience in a healthcare environment
• Demonstrated excellence in organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with the public
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Demonstrated excellence in attendance
• Understanding and use of good body mechanics
• Previous cashier experience, an asset
The MHA is a FRAGRANCE FREE environment
Qualified individuals interested in this opportunity may submit a resume using the online form above. Internal applicants are asked to apply no later than February 8, 2024.
We are committed to providing a safe, healthy and inclusive work environment that inspires respect. MHA is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ2+ persons. We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities and standards of goods and services.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates, as a condition of job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector police check (original document) completed in the last 12 months prior to commencing employment.
Accommodations are available on request for interviews and other selection processes