Middlesex Hospital Alliance
Four Counties Health Services Site
FULL-TIME NURSE PRACTITIONER
Four Counties Health Services (FCHS) is a rural community hospital located in the village of Newbury, mid way between London and Chatham in Southwestern Ontario. The hospital is an accredited acute care hospital, providing comprehensive primary care and selected secondary care services to approximately 20,000 residents of the four corners of Middlesex, Elgin, Chatham-Kent and Lambton Counties.
The Nurse Practitioner role has two areas of primary responsibility which include:
• Provision of care to hospital inpatients in an advanced practice role which includes clinical decisions and provision of care in collaboration with assigned physician
• Partner with the hospital to develop and provide collaborative ambulatory programs (eg. Memory clinic).
• Must provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox) and documented proof of 2 Covid 19 Vaccinations
• Must provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing within the previous 12 months
• Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner certification or eligible for certification.
• Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario, RN Extended Class
• 5 years relevant nursing experience
• Professional competency incorporating current and relevant knowledge and research findings into clinical practice.
• Demonstrated ability to function independently and collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team
• Strong and demonstrated organizational skills, excellent communication and problem solving skills
• Demonstrated commitment to ongoing learning and professional development
• Demonstrated leadership as a change agent and supports advancement of nursing practice within the organization.
• Mentoring and precepting professional staff and students
• Professional memberships and liability insurance
• Computer skills in a Windows environment
• Company pension
• Employee assistance program
• Free on-site parking
• Wellness program
• Educational opportunities
• Online resources
The MHA is a FRAGRANCE FREE environment
Qualified individuals interested in this opportunity may submit a resume by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internal candidates are asked to apply no later than March 20, 2023.
This will remain posted until position is filled.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates,
as a condition of job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector police check (original document) completed in the last 12 months prior to commencing employment.
Accommodations are available on request for interviews and other selection processes