Middlesex Hospital Alliance
Strathroy Middlesex General Hospital Site
FULL-TIME REGISTERED NURSE
Medical / Surgical Inpatients / Obstetrics Inpatients
| Position available immediately|
All shifts and rotations including weekends, and holiday rotation
- Must provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox) and proof of 2 Coivd-19 vaccinations
- Must provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing within the previous 12 months
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Demonstrates skill, knowledge and ability to practice up to full scope in Ontario
- Previous (2) year Obstetrical Nursing within the past 3 years preferred
- Previous (2) year Medical Surgical Nursing within the past 3 years preferred
- Current BLS-HCP required
- Current NRP preferred – willingness to obtain certification within 6 months to a year
- Current FHS preferred – willingness to obtain certification within 6 months to a year
- Current Breastfeeding Course preferred (20 hour) – willingness to obtain certification within 6 months to a year
- Current PALS preferred
- Willingness to learn to provide care for inductions, C-sections, post-operative and general management of the Obstetrical patient – both newborn and mother.
- Experience in the management of complex surgical wounds and PICC lines
- Demonstrated proficiency in IV initiation, assessment and documentation
- Demonstrated awareness of CNO documentation standards with experience in Electronic Health Record environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical directives and delegated medical acts
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development, evidence-based practice and self-directed learning
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, communication, critical thinking and leadership skill
- Demonstrated ability to both lead and collaborate as a team member in a patient family and centered care setting
- Proficient computer skills in a Windows and Cerner based environment
- Commitment to continuous improvement and ability to foster change
- Demonstrated excellence in attendance
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service
- Understanding and demonstrated use of good body mechanics
*The MHA is a FRAGRANCE FREE environment*
Qualified individuals interested in this opportunity may submit a resume by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internal candidates are asked to apply no later than June 1, 2023.
This will remain posted until position is filled.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates,
as a condition of job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector police check (original document) completed in the last 12 months prior to commencing employment.
*Accommodations are available on request for interviews and other selection processes*