Middlesex Hospital Alliance
Four Counties Health Services Site
TEMPORARY FULL-TIME NURSE PRACTITIONER
For a duration of approximately 6 months
Four Counties Health Services (FCHS) is a small community hospital located in the village of Newbury, mid way between London and Chatham in Southwestern Ontario. The hospital is an accredited acute care hospital, providing comprehensive primary care and selected secondary care services to approximately 20,000 residents of the four corners of Middlesex, Elgin, Chatham-Kent and Lambton Counties.
The Nurse Practitioner role has two areas of primary responsibility which include:
- Provision of care to hospital inpatients in an advanced practice role which includes clinical decisions and provision of care in collaboration with assigned physician
- Partner with the hospital to develop and provide collaborative ambulatory programs (eg. Memory clinic).
- Must provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Must provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing within the previous 12 months
- Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner certification or eligible for certification.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario, RN (EC)
- 5 years relevant nursing experience
- Professional competency incorporating current and relevant knowledge and research findings into clinical practice.
- Demonstrated ability to function independently and collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team
- Strong and demonstrated organizational skills, excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing learning and professional development
- Demonstrated leadership as a change agent and supports advancement of nursing practice within the organization.
- Mentoring and precepting professional staff and students
- Professional memberships and liability insurance
- Computer skills in a Windows environment
*The MHA is a FRAGRANCE FREE environment*
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates, as a condition of job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector police check (original document) completed in the last 12 months.
Qualified individuals interested in this opportunity may submit a resume to Human Resources at email@example.com no later than April 14, 2021
Accommodations are available on request for interviews and other selection processes