Middlesex Hospital Alliance
Strathroy Middlesex General Hospital Site
TEMPORARY PART-TIME REGISTERED NURSE – until approximately June 2023
Medical Day Unit/Endoscopy Department
|Nursing within the Medical Day Unit & Endoscopy Suite. Availability for all shifts Position available immediately|
- Must provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox) required and documented proof of two COVID 19 vaccinations
- Must provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing within the previous 3 months required
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario required
- Previous 2 year Endoscopy Nursing experience within the past 3 years required
- Current BLS-HCP- required
- Current ACLS preferred
- OR certification preferred
- Previous 2 year Medical Surgical Nursing experience within the last 3 years required
- Experience in the management of complex surgical wounds and PICC lines
- Demonstrated proficiency in IV initiation, assessment and documentation
- Demonstrated awareness of CNO documentation standards with experience in Electronic Health Record environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical directives and delegated medical acts
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development, evidence-based practice and self-directed learning
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, communication, critical thinking and leadership skill
- Demonstrated ability to both lead and collaborate as a team member in a patient family and centered care setting
- Proficient computer skills in a Windows and Cerner based environment
- Commitment to continuous improvement and ability to foster change
- Demonstrated excellence in attendance
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service
- Understanding and demonstrated use of good body mechanics
*The MHA is a FRAGRANCE FREE environment*
Qualified individuals interested in this opportunity may submit a resume by e-mail to email@example.com.
Internal candidates are asked to apply no later than May 3, 2022.
This will remain posted until position is filled.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates,
as a condition of job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector police check (original document) completed in the last 12 months prior to commencing employment.
*Accommodations are available on request for interviews and other selection processes*