Middlesex Hospital Alliance
Four Counties Health Services Hospital Site
REGULAR PART-TIME REGISTERED NURSE
Surgery Day Care/Endoscopy Clinic
• Nursing within the Surgical Day Care Unit and/or Endoscopy Suite.
• Availability for all shifts
• Position available immediately
• Must provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox) required and two COVID 19 vaccinations
• Must provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing within the previous 12 months required
• Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario required
• Previous 2 year Endoscopy Nursing experience within the past 3 years required
• Current BLS-HCP- required
• Previous 2 year Medical Surgical Nursing experience within the last 3 years required
• Demonstrated proficiency in IV initiation, assessment and documentation
• Experience in conscious sedation administration, assessing/monitoring patients post conscious sedation
• Current ACLS preferred
• OR certification preferred
• Experience in developing/delivering patient teaching materials/programs
• Demonstrated knowledge of infection control guidelines/practices in an Endoscopy Clinic
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced outpatient setting
• Demonstrated awareness of CNO documentation standards with experience in Electronic Health Record environment
• Demonstrated knowledge of medical directives and delegated medical acts
• Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development, evidence-based practice and self-directed learning
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal, communication, critical thinking and leadership skill
• Demonstrated ability to both lead and collaborate as a team member in a patient family and centered care setting
• Proficient computer skills in a Windows and Cerner based environment
• Commitment to continuous improvement and ability to foster change
• Demonstrated excellence in attendance
• Demonstrated excellence in customer service
• Understanding and demonstrated use of good body mechanics
The MHA is a FRAGRANCE FREE environment
Qualified individuals interested in this opportunity are asked to submit a resume to by clicking the “Apply for this Opportunity” button above.
Internal candidates are asked to apply no later than September 7, 2023. This position will remain posted until filled.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates, as a condition of job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector police check (original document) completed in the last 12 months prior to commencing employment.
We are committed to providing a safe, healthy and inclusive work environment that inspires respect. MHA is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ2+ persons. We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities and standards of goods and services.
Accommodations are available on request for interviews and other selection processes