Middlesex Hospital Alliance
TEMPORARY FULL-TIME CLINICAL SCHOLAR COACH – Until March 31, 2024
Nursing Administration Department
• Position available immediately
• All shifts and rotations including weekends
• This is a ONA Union position
• Clinical Scholars will mentor newly graduated nurses, internationally educated nurses (IENs) and nurses seeking to upskill and can support and supervise the new nurses’ transition into the workforce
• Work in collaboration with other teams as required supporting the strategic vision and direction of MHA
• Responsible for providing mentorship to the program beneficiaries and to support their nursing practice and integration into the clinical area in accordance with organizational and professional standards, and in collaboration with clinical teams.
• Create, adapt, and deliver orientation and learning resources, using various delivery methods in accordance with organizational and unit policies/practices/guidelines
• Physical presence on the clinical unit(s) to support the education, training and development of mentees including tracking, auditing and documenting of skills and competencies
• Collaborate with unit leadership and staff to ensure good role clarity and team processes with novice nurses to provide high quality, patient and family-centered care
• Must provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox) and proof of 2 COVID-19 vaccinations
• Must provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing within the previous 12 months
• Registered Nurse (RN) or a Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) in the General Class in good standing; or nurses who have retired and still registered with the CNO.
• Minimum 5-10 years clinical experience acute care, with experience in medicine, surgery, critical care and emergency areas, preferred
• Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) required
• Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) required
• Experience in frontline care in a hospital clinical setting, including: ER, Medicine, Cardiac Monitoring, Phlebotomy, Intravenous Therapy, etc.
• Previous experience teaching, working with clinical learners, IENs, and/or precepting required.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, be self-directed and manage competing priorities.
• Ability to evaluate clinical learners and IENs, as well as orient to hospital policies, rules, and regulations.
• Excellent clinical skills and competencies.
• Demonstrate Patient and staff safety principles and practices.
• Demonstrated commitment to our core values.
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal, communication, critical thinking and leadership skill
• Demonstrated ability to both lead and collaborate as a team member in a patient family and centered care setting
• Proficient computer skills in a Windows and Cerner based environment
• Commitment to continuous improvement and ability to foster change
• Demonstrated excellence in attendance
• Demonstrated excellence in customer service
• Understanding and demonstrated use of good body mechanics
The MHA is a FRAGRANCE FREE environment
Qualified individuals interested in this opportunity may submit a resume by clicking the “Apply for this Opportunity” button above.
Internal candidates are asked to apply no later than September 15, 2023.
This will remain posted until position is filled.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates, as a condition of job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector police check (original document) completed in the last 12 months prior to commencing employment.
We are committed to providing a safe, healthy and inclusive work environment that inspires respect. MHA is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ2+ persons. We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities and standards of goods and services.
Accommodations are available on request for interviews and other selection processes