Middlesex Hospital Alliance
Strathroy Middlesex General Hospital Site
REGULAR PART-TIME REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSE –
• all shifts including weekends – with 20 minute response time required
• position available immediately
• Must provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox) and proof of two COVID 19 Vaccinations
• Must provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing within the previous 12 months
• B.C.L.S. Essential
• Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Completion of or current enrollment in the OR RPN Certification Program required
• Minimum of 2 (Two) years operating room experience in the last 3 years required
• Current knowledge of general perioperative care requirements, required
• Demonstrated knowledge of role of scrub position, instrument processing and sterility standards required
• Demonstrated knowledge of ORNAC standards of practice
• Evidence of ongoing professional development and self-directed learning
• Demonstrated ability to assess concurrent demands, set priorities, organize work and maintain accuracy and concentration during periods of high activity
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal, communication and critical thinking skills
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively as an active member of the health care team
• Understanding and use of good body mechanics
• Computer Skills in a Windows environment, including Microsoft Word
• Demonstrated Excellence in Attendance
The MHA is a FRAGRANCE FREE environment
Qualified individuals interested in this opportunity may submit a resume by e-mail to email@example.com.
Internal candidates are asked to apply no later than September 21, 2023.
This will remain posted until position is filled.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates, as a condition of job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector police check (original document) completed in the last 12 months prior to commencing employment.
Accommodations are available on request for interviews and other selection processes*