MIDDLESEX HOSPITAL ALLIANCE
STRATHROY MIDDLESEX GENERAL HOSPITAL
Posting #121-2022 – Canada Summer Student – Information Systems Department
- Position Available Immediately
- 8 week duration
The Information Technology internship position has been created to leverage the talents of expected college or university graduates especially those with an interest in an information technology career post-graduation. This intern position will contribute to the completion of core IT activities and projects across the Information Technology department, with a focus on answering helpdesk, deploying workstations and imaging workstations.
- Must meet the criteria/definition of Summer Student as set out by Service Canada in the Canada Summer Student program:
- Is between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment
Other Required Qualifications:
- Must provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Must provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing within the previous 12 months
- Computer Science, Computer Systems Technology, or similar education or experience
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems
- Knowledge of computer hardware
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability effectively interact with managers and end users
- Must be able to work independently and in a team-oriented environment.
- Microsoft Office skills including, but not limited to Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Effective ability to multi-task in order to handle multiple duties at the same time throughout the day
- Organizational skills critical
This position may require working at both sites of the MHA. Possession of a valid class “G” driver’s license and reliable transportation is required.
If you embrace change, are a customer service focused individual and are looking for a positive/challenging environment to build your career then please submit your resume to email@example.com by June 30, 2022.
*The MHA is a FRAGRANCE FREE environment*
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates, as a condition of job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector police check (original document) completed in the last 12 months prior to commencing employment.
*Accommodations are available on request for interviews and other selection processes*