MIDDLESEX HOSPITAL ALLIANCE
Strathroy Middlesex General Hospital – Strathroy
Four Counties Health Services – Newbury
FULL-TIME INFECTION PREVENTION & CONTROL SPECIALIST
- Responsible for infection prevention and control at both FCHS and SMGH
- Reporting to the VP Clinical Service & CNO
Qualifications and Experience:
- Current certificate of registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario, or Certified Health Care Professional
- Baccalaureate degree
- Minimum 2 years Infection Control Practitioner experience
- Knowledge of the infection prevention and control standards and best practices
- Advanced knowledge of nursing procedures, microbiology, medical terminology and statistical concepts
- Advanced ability to be self motivated, self directed and results oriented
- Experience in a LEAN environment would be an asset
- Demonstrated excellence in critical thinking, evidence-based decision making, problem solving, communication, change management and conflict resolution
- Demonstrated ability to lead sustainable quality improvements and best practices in infection prevention and control
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement, monitor and evaluate infection control practices
- Ability to establish and foster collaborative partnerships and working relationships with staff, physicians, patients and the interdisciplinary health care team
- Strong commitment to ongoing professional development and continuing education
- Completed and passed an IPAC-Canada endorsed infection prevention education program
- Certification in Infection Control preferred or commitment to attain & maintain certification when eligible.
- Computer proficiency to include Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent attendance record
- Provide IPAC expertise through consultation and role modelling
- Management of critical data and information, including surveillance for nosocomial infections
- Direct interventions to prevent transmission of infection, including outbreak prevention and control
- Education and training of health-care providers, patients, families.
- Establish IPAC best practice standards across MHA
- Investigate and educate
- Utilize best practice standards including those generated by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care, Canadian Standards Association, Public Health, Center for Disease Control and other regulatory bodies
- Collaborate with the interdisciplinary team and physicians to implement IPAC standards
- Implement and manage quality improvement, lean strategies and patient safety initiatives to ensure excellence in patient care and high levels of patient satisfaction as they relate to infection prevention and control
- Ensure that clinical practices are evidence based and consistent with current standards and regulations
- Model and promote evidence based IPAC standards across both sites of MHA
- Support educational strategies to enhance professional practice of team members
*The MHA is a FRAGRANCE FREE environment*
Qualified individuals interested in this opportunity are asked to submit a resume by email to email@example.com no later than: June 21, 2021.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates, as a condition of job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector police check (original document) completed in the last 12 months prior to commencing employment.
Accommodations are available on request for interviews and other selection processes