MIDDLESEX HOSPITAL ALLIANCE
Posting #147 – 2023
FULL-TIME FINANCE MANAGER
The MHA is made up of two partner sites; Four Counties Health Services (FCHS) and Strathroy Middlesex General Hospital (SMGH). FCHS is a rural primary acute care hospital located in the Village of Newbury, at the intersection of Lambton, Kent, Middlesex, and Elgin Counties (approximately halfway between London and Chatham). The facility provides 24 hour emergency department services and inpatient medical care, as well as diagnostic and ambulatory services. SMGH serves a population of approximately 35,000 residents. It is located approximately 40 km west of the City of London. SMGH is a full service medium-size community hospital providing a comprehensive range of emergency, medical, surgical, diagnostic and ambulatory care services.
• Reporting to the VP Corporate Services & CFO, the Finance Manager drives the execution of the hospital’s financial strategy and related initiatives, assesses financial performance and health, and identifies risks and mitigation strategies;
• Overall administration of general accounting, accounts receivables, payroll, financial planning/budgeting and all matters relating to hospital financial reporting
• Responsible for month-end financial and statistical reporting and analysis
• Responsible for Ministry of Health & Ontario Health reporting
• Co-ordination and preparation of working papers for year end external audits
• Assist in the development, maintenance and improvement of policies and procedures to ensure that appropriate internal financial controls are in place and maintained
• Assists Clinical and Corporate departments with financial matters and variance reporting
• Management of Finance & Payroll staff and daily office functions
• Undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or equivalent.
• CPA Designation preferred (CA/CMA/CGA)
• Minimum of five years accounting experience, preferably in a healthcare or not- for -profit sector
• Leadership/management skills, previous supervisory experience
• Payroll experience considered an asset
• Demonstrated Microsoft Office (Excel and Word) skill set
• Knowledge of PeopleSoft applications, Crystal report writing and project management would be an asset
• Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, analytical and multi-task abilities
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work independently within a team atmosphere, and adapt to a changing work environment
• Demonstrated excellence in attendance
• Incumbent should be prepared to work at Four Counties Health Services and must have own means of transportation
• Must provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox). Must provide proof of two COVID-19 Vaccinations
• Must provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing within the previous 12 months
What to expect from the MHA:
• Competitive total compensation package
• HOOPP pension plan
• Health, dental and life insurance benefits
• Paid vacation and 12 Paid Holidays
• Opportunity for hybrid work environment
The MHA is a FRAGRANCE FREE environment
Qualified individuals interested in this opportunity may submit a resume by clicking the “Apply for this Opportunity” button above, no later than November 23, 2023.
We are committed to providing a safe, healthy and inclusive work environment that inspires respect. MHA is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ2+ persons. We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities and standards of goods and services.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates, as a condition of job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector police check (original document) completed in the last 12 months prior to commencing employment.
Accommodations are available on request for interviews and other selection processes