Middlesex Hospital Alliance
Strathroy Middlesex General Hospital Site
TEMPORARY FULL-TIME REGISTERED NURSE – for approximately 1 year
Operating Room and Same Day Care Departments
OR Job Duties
• all shifts including weekends and on call rotation – with 20 minute response time required
• position available immediately
SDC Job Duties
• 4.0 hours -10 hours shifts (varied)
• Occasional weekend work may be required
• Position available immediately
• Must provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox) and documentation of two Covid 19 Vaccinations
• Must provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing within the previous 12 months
• Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Current B.C.L.S.- HCP Required
• ECG Interpretation required.
• Current ACLS required
• Pre-Op/PACU experience preferred
• Demonstrated experience with Surginet preferred
• Previous (2) years of Operating Room Nursing experience within the past 3 years required
• Perioperative nursing certificate program required
• Demonstrated proficiency in IV initiation, assessment and documentation
• Demonstrated awareness of CNO documentation standards with experience in Electronic Health Record environment
• Demonstrated knowledge of medical directives and delegated medical acts
• Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development, evidence-based practice and self-directed learning
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal, communication, critical thinking and leadership skill
• Demonstrated ability to both lead and collaborate as a team member in a patient family and centered care setting
• Proficient computer skills in a Windows and Cerner based environment
• Commitment to continuous improvement and ability to foster change
• Demonstrated excellence in attendance
• Demonstrated excellence in customer service
• Understanding and demonstrated use of good body mechanics
The MHA is a FRAGRANCE FREE environment
Qualified individuals interested in this opportunity may submit a resume by clicking the “Apply for this Opportunity” button above. Internal candidates are asked to apply no later than November 20, 2023.
This will remain posted until position is filled.
We are committed to providing a safe, healthy and inclusive work environment that inspires respect. MHA is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ2+ persons. We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities and standards of goods and services.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates, as a condition of job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector police check (original document) completed in the last 12 months prior to commencing employment.
Accommodations are available on request for interviews and other selection processes