Middlesex Hospital Alliance
Strathroy Middlesex General Hospital Site
PART-TIME DIETARY AIDE
Nutrition and Food Services
|Position available immediately|
|4.0 hour shifts, 3-7pm including weekends and statutory holiday rotation|
|Serving on the meal tray lineOperating dishwashing equipmentPortioning foodDelivering food carts to the wards and returning them to the dishwashing area Manual pot washingPerforming cafeteria, vending and catering dutiesSetting up menu cardsOther related duties, as requested|
- Must provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox) and 2 COVID-19 vaccinations
- Must provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing within the previous 3 months
- Previous experience working in a Nutrition and Food Services setting preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of Nutrition, and Safe Food Handling Guidelines
- Work in a team environment to ensure efficiency and Hospital standards are maintained
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Demonstrated excellence in attendance
- Basic computer skills in a “Windows” environment, including Outlook and Word
- Understanding and use of good body mechanics
- Demonstrated ability to lift equipment and supplies weighting up to 16 kg
- Food Handlers Certificate required prior to commencement of employment
*The MHA is a FRAGRANCE FREE environment*
Qualified individuals interested in this opportunity may submit a resume by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internal candidates are asked to apply no later than Sept 28, 2022.
This will remain posted until position is filled.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates,
as a condition of job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector police check (original document) completed in the last 12 months prior to commencing employment.
*Accommodations are available on request for interviews and other selection processes*