MIDDLESEX HOSPITAL ALLIANCE
Strathroy Middlesex General Hospital
REGULAR PART-TIME MAMMOGRAPHY TECHNOLOGIST
Up to 30 hours/week
SMGH Diagnostic Imaging
Position available immediately
- Scheduled to work 7.5 hour shifts M-F and participate in weekend rotation
- Managing a workload effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Responsible for efficient and safe operation of the all mammography and related equipment in accordance with prescribed radiation safety procedures
- Perform all screening and advanced mammography procedures
- Assesses the patient’s condition prior to, during and after procedures; maintains awareness of procedural complications and reactions during and after procedures; recognizes the conditions requiring immediate attention and initiates appropriate response; documents procedures to ensure precise and accurate procedural records are maintained
- Exercising sound professional judgment, using best practice guidelines
- Contribute to a safe, inclusive environment for all through compliance with patient and staff safety policies and procedures
- Address and resolve minor issues in a productive, respectful manner
- Collaborate with Senior technologists to mentor and train new staff on new equipment, and advanced procedures
- Must provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox) and proof of 2 COVID-19 vaccinations
- Must provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing within the previous 12 months
- Current CAMRT (Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists) and CMRITO (College of Medical Radiation Imaging Technologists of Ontario) and OAMRS registrations
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a hospital setting required
- CPR certification
- Proficient in venipuncture an asset
- Knowledge of CESM and Tomography required
- Comprehensive knowledge of theory and practice for diagnostic procedures including work-ups, localizations and stereotactic biopsies
- Experience performing mammography quality control and troubleshooting equipment
- Ability to independently assess concurrent demands, set priorities, organize work and deliver excellent quality imaging in a busy environment
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment
- Demonstrated computer skills in Cerner Radnet, AGFA PACS and Microsoft Office
- Develop strong interdepartmental relationship to promote collaboration
- Strong team player with the ability to perform duties independently and professionally
- Demonstrated strong decision-making, problem-solving and critical thinking skills in clinical and leadership settings
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service and patient care skills
- Evidence of ongoing professional development and self-directed learning. Proven excellence in attendance and punctuality
- Understanding and demonstrated use of good body mechanics
*The MHA is a FRAGRANCE FREE environment*
Qualified individuals interested in this opportunity may submit a resume by clicking the “Apply for this Opportunity” button above.
Internal candidates are asked to apply no later than November 21, 2023.
This will remain posted until position is filled.
We are committed to providing a safe, healthy and inclusive work environment that inspires respect. MHA is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ2+ persons. We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities and standards of goods and services.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates, as a condition of job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector police check (original document) completed in the last 12 months prior to commencing employment.
Accommodations are available on request for interviews and other selection processes*