Strathroy Middlesex General Hospital (SMGH) serves a population of approximately 35,000 residents in the second fastest growing township in Ontario. The hospital’s community includes the Town of Strathroy, a bustling urban centre of 12,500 with a vibrant downtown of quaint shops, restaurants and services. Surrounded by rich agricultural farmland, Strathroy is home to many London and Sarnia commuters and offers small town life amenities: a pleasant walk to many beautiful parks and nature trails; a strong sense of community; a mix of gracious century homes and modern housing; good schools and shopping. The hospital is only a short drive to London, Sarnia and the beautiful beaches of Lake Huron.
SMGH is a full service family-centred community hospital providing a comprehensive range of diagnostic and ambulatory services, as well as both primary and secondary care.
The hospital operates 54 acute care beds along with a comprehensive range of diagnostic and outpatient services. Medical staffing includes a number of active local family physicians, internists, surgeons and specialists. Total staffing for the hospital including full-time and part-time staff is approximately 450.
MIDDLESEX HOSPITAL ALLIANCE (MHA)
STRATHROY MIDDLESEX GENERAL HOSPITAL
FULL TIME MEDICAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
- Position available immediately
- Reporting to the Chief of Staff
- The individual will provide primary support to the Chief of Staff. In this role, the successful candidate will exercise judgment or decision-making to provide secretarial, clerical and administrative services, in support of the Chief of Staff. The individual assists with the coordination of medical staff activities, performs secretarial and delegated administrative job duties and acts as a liaison between the Medical Staff, Chief of Staff Office and Administration. Establishes and maintains positive professional communications with the Medical Staff, Administration, all hospital departments and related health agencies. Collaborates with the Manager of Health Information Services/Chief Privacy Officer as well as the Corporate Office. The successful candidate will be highly motivated, have the ability to use critical thinking and sound judgment while being flexible in providing highly skilled support to both internal and external stakeholders. The ability to maintain a high standard of professionalism and confidentiality is essential.
- The Medical Secretary is responsible for planning and monitoring the daily organization of the clinic/office and providing secretarial support to the Chief of Staff.
Medical Administrative Assistant.
- Oversee the process and the documentation for medical staff privileges and annual reapplications.
- Oversee the process and documentation for Medical Students and Residents through Schulich, UWO.
- Administrative support for Medical Advisory Committee, various physician and hospital committee meetings as required including preparation of meeting packages and minutes, coordinating room bookings, preparation of reports.
- Responsible for the generation of the on call schedules for the various specialties and coverage notifications.
- Responsible for organizing various physicians’ stipends.
- Attending Medical Advisory Committee meetings and acting as secretary. In addition acts as secretary for the various clinical department meetings.
- Responsible for generating and submitting Ministry of Health, Resident, Medical Student and Emergency hour submissions.
- Maintain the medical directives in policy manager.
Freedom of Information Coordinator Assistant.
- Providing support to the Manager Health Information Services/Chief Privacy Officer on document searches, appeals, and reports as requested by the Chief Privacy Officer including communication as required.
Privacy Officer Assistant.
- Providing support to the Manager Health Information Services/Chief Privacy Officer in maintaining appropriate privacy, security and confidentiality measures and processes and may be requested to conduct periodic information privacy and security reviews and monitor compliance in collaboration with the Manager of Health Information Services/Privacy.
- Must provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Must provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing within the previous 12 months
- Graduate of an accredited community college program related to the position and/or experience in an administrative role.
- Working knowledge of Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy information.
- Sound judgment, tact and complete confidentiality are essential.
- Superior interpersonal skills including professional written, report writing and verbal communication, including and not limited to facilitation, persuasion, negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize effectively and accurately in a setting of competing demands.
- Ability to prioritize, and multitask while ensuring attention to detail.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Superior knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access) and data base management with excellent presentation, writing and training skills.
- Commitment to confidentiality and privacy.
- Excellence in attendance.
- Flexibility in schedule attending meetings in early morning or evening.
- Minimum of five (5) years of administrative experience in a healthcare environment or providing support at an executive level.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with attention to details.
- Ability to exercise professional judgement and be highly resourceful.
- Emotional maturity.
- Ability to remain highly motivated, resilient, innovative, and collaborative.
- Engaging personality.
- Proven ability to prioritize and adapt to changing demands and deadlines, and ability to deal with sensitive and confidential materials with a high degree of tact and discretion.
*The MHA is a FRAGRANCE FREE environment*
Qualified individuals interested in this employment opportunity may submit a resume by email to email@example.com no later than 12:00 PM EST July 16, 2021
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates, as a condition of job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector police check (original document) completed in the last 12 months prior to commencing employment.
*Accommodations are available on request for interviews and other selection processes*