MIDDLESEX HOSPITAL ALLIANCE
STRATHROY MIDDLESEX GENERAL HOSPITAL and FOUR COUNTIES HEALTH SERVICES
Posting #170 – 2022
FULL-TIME MANAGER – Information Systems and Telecommunications Department (IST)
Reporting to the CFO, the IST Manager’s role is to:
- Direct the planning and implementation of enterprise IST systems in support of business operations in order to improve cost effectiveness, service quality, and business development.
- Improve the Cyber Security posture of the hospital through regional and hospital-specific initiatives and partnerships.
- Provide leadership to, and manage, the IST staff to ensure the efficient operation of the MHA Help desk and ensure a high level of customer service is provided to all customers.
- Accurately and efficiently perform the tasks required for the procurement and accounting of IST resources in cooperation with Materials Management, Finance, and Payroll
- Build on regional partnerships to strengthen the IT resilience and systems
Represent the MHA on external IST related regional teams and committees and provide leadership to promote and protect the interests of the MHA and its stakeholders
Lead IST in strategic and operational governance processes of the business organization
Develop, monitor, and manage the information technology annual operating and capital budgets.
Champion the effective and efficient use of technology in the re-engineering of MHA infrastructure and processes. (LEAN)
Promote and oversee strategic relationships between internal IST resources and external entities, including government, vendors, and partner organizations
Work with the IST team to maintain a secure network environment for all users and departments
Act as LRA for eHealth and other systems
Major equipment purchases or upgrades not approved by Capital budget process or that are non-recurring operational or non budgeted costs are decided in collaboration with CFO
Manage staffing, including development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions in cooperation with Human Resources. Establish IST departmental goals, objectives, and policies
Participate on hospital committees and teams as an effective participating member
- Community College Diploma (2 or 3 Years)
- Minimum three (3) years in a position supervising staff
- Current experience with ITIL, Project Management Methodology and Lean Management required.
- Proven experience working closely with software vendors, technical team members and business partners to resolve complex application issues
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team environment and to interact with others with diplomacy, tact, and professionalism
- Experience with telecommunication systems an asset
- Solid knowledge of IST security, privacy and confidentiality
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with proven ability to accurately and effectively document procedures and changes
- Experience in training individuals and groups
- Knowledge of and commitment to patient and staff safety
- Must provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox) and documented proof of 2 Covid 19 Vaccinations
- Must provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing within the previous 12 months
This position will require working at both sites of the MHA. Possession of a valid class “G” driver’s license and reliable transportation is required.
If you are a positive, experienced IST Manager, with the qualifications listed above, and looking for a positive/challenging environment to build your career then please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 14, 2022.
*The MHA is a FRAGRANCE FREE environment*
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates, as a condition of job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector police check (original document) completed in the last 12 months prior to commencing employment.
*Accommodations are available on request for interviews and other selection processes*