MIDDLESEX HOSPITAL ALLIANCE
STRATHROY MIDDLESEX GENERAL HOSPITAL
REGULAR FULL TIME HEALTH INFORMATION SPECIALIST
Health Records Department
- Coding and abstracting inpatient, day surgery and emergency records using the ICD10-CA-CCI Folio coding system.
- Weekly edits, corrections and submission of Level 1 E.R. and Opioid cases
- Monthly audit and submission of level 3 ER and ambulatory care charts
- Assist with release of Personal Health Information documents for access and disclosure requests
- Position Available immediately
- Must be a graduate of a recognized HIM program and certified with the Canadian College of Health Information Management
- Active member of CHIMA
- 2-3 years experience in DAD and NACRS coding using ICD-10-CA-CCI
- In-depth knowledge of CIHI’s Coding Standards
- Experience with MED2020 abstracting system preferred
- Understanding of PHIPA and rules regarding releasing personal health information
- Must have good organizational, analytical, and technical skills
- Knowledge of Cerner an asset
- Knowledge of Crystal Report Writing an asset
- Must be well organized, able to prioritize workflow, work independently with attention to detail, work effectively in a team environment and have strong communication skills
- Demonstrated Excellence in Attendance
*The MHA is a FRAGRANCE FREE environment*
Qualified individuals interested in this employment opportunity may submit a resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 30, 2021.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates, as a condition of job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector police check (original document) completed in the last 12 months prior to commencing employment.
Accommodations are available on request for interviews and other selection processes