Middlesex Hospital Alliance
Four Counties Health Services Site (Newbury, ON)
Posting #235 – 2021
PART TIME PANDEMIC RESPONSE WORKER (Screener)
The Pandemic Response Worker is responsible for ensuring that potentially infectious entrants (i.e. employees, visitors, patients, etc.) to the Hospital are directed appropriately during an outbreak or pandemic situation. They will be responsible for activities related to maintaining an effective pandemic response for the Hospital. They do not provide medical advice or diagnoses. Required Personal Protective Equipment (i.e. mask, gown, etc.) will be provided and must be worn as instructed by Middlesex Hospital Alliance.
- Review screening tools and assess eligibility for entrances
- Screen all individuals entering the Hospital for signs, symptoms and travel based on screening tool
- Ensure all persons entering the Hospital follow proper precautionary measures and wear the appropriate protective apparel as required
- Refer individuals for advanced screening if required
- Ability to de-escalate conflict and involve leadership appropriately
- Available to work days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays
- Must provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox) and proof of 2 COVID-19 vaccinations
- Must provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing within the previous 3 months
- High School diploma required.
- Successful completion of a diploma in Protection, Security and Investigation or Police Foundations, or equivalent preferred
- Healthcare experience is an asset
- A one (1) year minimum experience in a customer service role
- Willingness to stand for extended periods of time
- Able to gather, record, and track statistical data
- Able to be thorough and probing with questioning as necessary
- Ability to remain calm, utilizing conflict management skills
- Reliable and punctual
- Demonstrated acceptable attendance and performance record
- Demonstrated values consistent with MHA’s mission, vison, and values
*MHA is a FRAGRANCE FREE environment*
Qualified individuals interested in this opportunity may submit a resume by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 14, 2021.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates,
as a condition of job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector police
check (original document) completed in the last 12 months prior to commencing employment.
*Accommodations are available on request for interviews and other selection processes*