MIDDLESEX HOSPITAL ALLIANCE
STRATHROY MIDDLESEX GENERAL HOSPITAL
Posting #252 – 2021
REGULAR PART-TIME CLERK
- Position available Immediately
- 8 – 4 every Tuesday, Thursday and every other Friday
- Greats patients and verifies patient OHIP/WSIB information
- Schedules/reschedules patient appointments, following protocol and maintains records in electronic files, for all therapists.
- Accurate completion of required forms/development of new forms, faxing of information and photocopying requests
- Ensures patient reports, department correspondence and reports are sent to all applicable departments in a timely manner
- Review and closing of discharged patient charts.
- Monitor patients on waiting list and communicates urgent needs to Director Rehab.
- Transfers pertinent information to the Physiotherapy Waiting List.
- Maintains the outpatient waiting list management system, prioritizes patients based on acuity. Updates the computerized waiting list monthly.
- Process billings of WSIB patient visits and items purchased ensuring information and required documentation is provided to MHA Finance Department
- Process Initial/Discharge Reports for both Inpatients and Outpatients following required protocols to ensure accuracy of information to therapists/surgeons and Ministry reporting
- Physical requirements include the ability to perform overhead lifting/reaching, climbing, walking and repetitive paper hole punching.
- Perform general clerical duties (filing), and other duties as required
- Must provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox) and proof of 2 COVID-19 vaccinations
- Must provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing within the previous 3 months
- Medical Administrative Assistant diploma, or other related post secondary education, essential
- Computer competency within a Windows environment using Microsoft office, essential
- Proficiency in Medical Terminology, essential
- A minimum of two years previous experience in a healthcare environment
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with the public
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated excellence in attendance
- Understanding and use of good body mechanics
Qualified individuals interested in this employment opportunity may submit a resume to email@example.com no later than October 28, 2021
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful
candidates, as a condition of job offer, would be required to provide a
satisfactory vulnerable sector police check (original document) completed
in the last 12 months prior to commencing employment.
*Accommodations are available on request for interviews and
other selection process*
*The MHA is a FRAGRANCE FREE environment*