Strathroy Middlesex General Hospital and Four Counties Health Services
Posting #286 – 2021
PERMANENT FULL-TIME PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE LEADER (PPL)
Hours: Primarily Days. Will require flexibility to meet staff needs, e.g. may need to work select evening, night or weekend hours for purposes of orientation, education and auditing.
The Professional Practice Consultant will foster a culture of quality and patient safety; champion evidence based practice, and strengthen structures or processes to promote excellence in inter-professional practice. This position is pivotal to supporting the practice of all regulated health professionals within the organization. This position will lead and support best practice and evidence based care at MHA through education planning and implementation, participation in strategic and quality improvement planning, and will work closely with internal and external partners to ensure success. They will collaborate with physicians and staff to define and advance the professional roles and full scope of practice for regulated health professionals, as well as play an integral role in the development, implementation and ongoing utilization of clinical information system.
As a leader within the two hospitals, the successful candidate will be accountable for contributing to the delivery of the organizations’ strategic directions, corporate priorities, quality improvement plan, accreditation standards, and optimizing patient outcomes. They will consistently demonstrate an awareness and promotion of staff satisfaction and patient/family centered engagement and care. The leader will support ongoing efforts to improve efficiencies and reduce waste in our processes.
This role reports to the VP Clinical Services and CNO.
- Development, coordination, implementation and evaluation of clinical education program (including orientation, skills day, variety of educational programs)
- Employ principles of adult learning to analyze gaps, planning, development and implementation of education and/or training to staff and providers
- Provide leadership to leaders amongst all regulated health professionals
- Collaborate with clinical managers to develop, implement, monitor learning plans, and assess and audit performance for staff and professional staff when required
- Complete internal and external scan of new guidelines and required organizational practice that will need to be incorporated into practice
- Evaluate and audit new processes/guidelines
- Interpret data to support adoption of electronic records and other projects
- Responsible for management of projects that support implementation or evaluation of best practices in relation to professional practice
- System workflow analysis, support, and education
- Develop or collaborate on policies, procedures, and guidelines associated with or demonstrating components of professional practice
- Lead, support and participate in key activities/change ideas or action plans to support best practice
- Active member of applicable team/unit/department meetings and huddles
- As a member of the leadership team, participates in organization-wide management activities.
The MHA is seeking individuals who are leaders in their chosen profession:
- Current certification with relevant Regulating Professional College covered under the RHPA /SWSSA is required
- Graduate (i.e Masters preparation or above) in relevant field (i.e. in specific discipline, health care management, etc.) is required
- Minimum of 5 years clinical experience is required
- Minimum of 3 years demonstrated current clinical experience in teaching adult learners is preferred
- Experience in change management, understanding scope of practice and models of care
- Knowledge of best practices, clinical practice guidelines and clinical management tools
- Effective consultation, coaching and mediation skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Innovative problem-solver, creative and professional role model
- Ability to prioritize/organize multiple projects with strict deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Able to meet the physical demands of the position
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record required
- Must provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox) and proof of 2 COVID-19 vaccinations
- Must provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing within the previous 3 months
We foster a culture of patient and staff safety whereby all employees are guided by MHA’s Mission, Vision, Guiding Principles and Code of Conduct.
*The MHA is a FRAGRANCE FREE environment*
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates, as a condition of job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector police check (original document) completed in the last 12 months.
Qualified individuals interested in this opportunity may submit a resume to Human Resources at email@example.com no later than November 18, 2021
Accommodations are available on request for interviews and other selection processes