MEDICAL OFFICE ASSISTANT
EMDOSCOPY AND ONCOLGY CLINIC
Medical office assistant for maternity leave coverage ( until approximately January 2023)
The medical secretary will perform secretarial and administrative duties for Dr. Vipan Jain in his specialist clinical practice (mainly focused on general and oncology procedures). You will be employed by Dr. Vipan Jain personally and your work and office will be located at the Strathroy Middlesex General Hospital.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Must provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
- Must provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing within the previous 12 months
- Endoscopy clinic duties: contact patients with appointments and provide instructions to patients for endoscopic procedures, enter patient information into EMR system PS Suite as well as Cerner scheduler, arrange clinic and endoscopy follow up when needed.
- Office duties: schedule and confirm appointments, reschedule patients based on triage priority, send/retrieve faxes and mail, manage office supplies, answer phone calls, phone patients for reminders of clinic appointments. Complete dictations for office appointments and fax to necessary physicians.
- Financial duties: complete OHIP billing and submit via EDT. Complete non-physician portion of insurance/WSIB forms/work forms and obtain payment for completed forms.
- Medical representative meetings/conferences: schedule and manage meetings/teaching/conferences. Manage travel arrangements.
- Other: maintain physician’s calendar, complete other duties as assigned.
- Other duties as directed from time to time.
- Medical secretary diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 2-5 years related work experience is ideal
- Excellent work ethic; reliability, accountability, follows through with task to completion, professional with patients and staff
- Superior communication skills with patients, physicians, trainees and others
- Proficient with medical terminology
- Proficient with typing – ideally at least 50 words per minute (may be tested)
- Proficient with Windows 10, Word and e-mail
- Demonstrated satisfactory work performance and attendance history
Job Type: 18 month maternity leave coverage
Salary: to be discussed
- Business casual attire
- Monday to Friday 8 am- 4 pm (with the possibility of clinics running overtime or unforeseen circumstances extending your hours to complete urgent tasks)
- No weekends
Qualified individuals interested in this employment opportunity may submit a resume by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 10, 2021,
Personal Information is collected under the authority of the Employment Standards Act S. 15 and will be used to determine the qualifications for employment.