The Middlesex Hospital Alliance is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors, which consists of eleven (11) elected (voting) and six (6) ex-officio (non-voting) members.
The Board of Directors play an important leadership role in supporting the alliance’s strategic goals and directions, monitoring quality and overseeing financial resources while ensuring hospital services continue to meet the needs of our communities.
Board of Directors 2023-24
- Melanie Stanley, Board Chair
- Doug Albion, Vice Chair
- Nan Brooks, Board Director
- Dawn Butler, Board Director
- Jaclyn Cairns, Vice Chair
- Michael Clarke, Board Director
- Shawn Gilhuly, Board Director
- Ron McRae, Board Director
- Nancy Naylor, Board Director
- Catherine Osborne, Immediate Past Chair
- Ashley Podolinsky, Board Director
- Roland Shea, Board Director
- Richard Trotter, Board Director
- Cheryl Waters, Board Director
- Sandy Whittall, Board Director
- Dr Elisheva Chernick, Chief of Staff
- Dr Jon Dryer, Deputy Chief of Staff
- Dr Nualla Marshall, President of Medical Staff
- Julie McBrien, President & CEO
- Krista Shea, Chief Nursing Officer
- Stacey Griffin, Coordinator of Board Affairs
Be Part of Governing Your Community Hospital – Seeking Community Representatives
Community Representatives have a unique opportunity to help shape health care for your community. We invite applications from strategic thinking leaders who reside in the area and are interested in using their expertise to make a difference in the health and well-being of our communities.
Prospective candidates require a commitment to the Hospital and the community, with an awareness of issues facing our two Hospital sites ( Strathroy Middlesex General Hospital and Four Counties Health Services) and the healthcare system. Community representatives shall serve for a term of three (2) two year terms up to a maximum of (6) six consecutive years. Following a break in the continuous service of at least one (1) year, the same person may return as a Community member on the Committee. The term limit shall not preclude their future candidacy for nomination to the MHA Board of Directors.
Middlesex Hospital Alliance is seeking candidates to serve on its Board Committee(s) for the 2023/24 Board Cycle. Volunteer your skills and experience to help shape healthcare in rural Middlesex by providing advice, input and leadership on a broad range of policy and governance issues.
At this time we are seeking Community representatives on our Local Advisory Committee of the Board for our Four Counties Health Services Hospital. Meeting committment is at least four (4) times per year with meetings being held virtually at this time.
- Provide input and education to the MHA Board on issues of importance to the Community Servied by FCHS
- Provide advice and consultation in the development of the Middlesex Hospital Alliance (MHA) mission, vision and values.
- Participate in the MHA strategic planning process.
- Provide advice and consultation on any Board consideration regarding addition or elimination of programs and services at FCHS.
- Provide advice and consultation on local community health and wellness issues.
- Provide advice and consultation on strategies for recruiting and retaining Professional Staff resources in the local community.
- Provide advice and consultation and coordinating efforts in the local community among the Alliance, and FCHS’s volunteer /auxiliary group and foundation.
While maintaining a skills-based Board is our priority, Middlesex Hospital Alliance also strives for the composition of the Board to reflect the diversity of the communities served.
Applicants are invited to bring their skills, experience and enthusiasm necessary to serve as a community representative on one of our Board Committees by submitting an application to Stacey Griffin, Coordinator of Board Affairs at Stacey.email@example.com