The Middlesex Hospital Alliance is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors, which consists of eleven (11) elected (voting) and six (6) ex-officio (non-voting) members.
The Board of Directors play an important leadership role in supporting the alliance’s strategic goals and directions, monitoring quality and overseeing financial resources while ensuring hospital services continue to meet the needs of our communities.
Board of Directors 2021-22
- Catherine Osborne, Board Chair
- Doug Albion, Board Director
- Jonathon Barnett, Board Director
- Jaclyn Cairns, Board Director
- Roman Lalich, Second Vice Chair
- Ron McRae, Board Director
- Nancy Naylor, Board Director
- Roland Shea, Board Director
- Melanie Stanley, Vice Chair
- Bonnie Twyford, Immediate Past Chair
- Sandy Whittall, Board Director
- Dr Ian Ferguson, Chief of Staff
- Dr Jon Dryer, Deputy Chief of Staff
- Dr Chris Chant, President of Medical Staff
- Julie McBrien, Interim President & CEO, Chief Nursing Officer
- Alasdair Smith, Chief Financial Officer
Be Part of Governing Your Community Hospital
Board members have a unique opportunity to help shape health care for your community. We invite applications from strategic thinking leaders who reside in the area and are interested in using their expertise to make a difference in the health and well-being of our communities.
Prospective candidates require a commitment to the Hospital and the community, with an awareness of issues facing our two Hospital sites ( Strathroy Middlesex General Hospital and Four Counties Health Services) and the healthcare system. Those applying should be prepared to attend a minimum of one Hospital Board meeting per month and be involved in a Board Committee(s). Board members are also given the opportunity to attend Ontario Hospital Association governance education sessions as appropriate. Directors are appointed for a three-year term for a maximum of nine years.
Middlesex Hospital Alliance is seeking two (2) candidates to serve on its Board of Directors and Board Committee(s) for the 2023/24 Board Cycle. Volunteer your skills and experience to help shape healthcare in rural Middlesex by providing advice, input and leadership on a broad range of policy and governance issues.
We invite applications from all those interested in serving in this important role, and specifically seek skills and expertise to complement those of our existing Members.
• Information Technology – Cyber Security
• Human Resources
• Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
While maintaining a skills-based Board is our priority, Middlesex Hospital Alliance also strives for the composition of the Board to reflect the diversity of the communities served. Specifically to address current needs, we are seeking representation from indigenous communities.
Applicants are invited to bring their skills, experience and enthusiasm necessary to serve on our Board of Directors by submitting an application and resume to Stacey Griffin, Coordinator of Board Affairs at Stacey.firstname.lastname@example.org