Your Privacy is Important to Us. The Middlesex Hospital Alliance is committed to keeping your personal and health information safe and confidential. Your privacy is very important to us. We are currently reviewing and revising policies and procedures to further protect the privacy of your information.
What Type of Information Do We Collect about You?
To provide you with quality health care, we collect both personal and health information from you.
Your name, date of birth, address, Health Card Number and extended health insurance numbers are examples of personal information. Your health history, the records of your visits to the hospital and what health care we provide to you during those visits are examples of your health information.
How is Your Information Used?
The information we collect from you is used:
- To provide you with quality health care and follow up care in the community.
- To carry out quality assurance to help make us better.
- For patient satisfaction surveys to see how we are doing.
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
- For fundraising for equipment and facilities to provide you with the most modern health care services.
- For education and research to keep current health care practitioners up to date and to train new health care practitioners for the future
If your information is to be used for any other purpose, your specific permission would be required first.
Personal Health Information Request
To request a copy of your personal health information, please contact the Health Records Department to discuss your request.
There is a fee for requests for copies of personal health information and we will be able to determine what the amount will be once we understand what information is being requested. The attached form can be completed and faxed to the Health Records Department at the appropriate site.
Strathroy site – 519-246-5905
FCHS Site – 519-693-1202
You will be asked to provide positive identification before the copies will be released.
For more information contact the Privacy Officer at: (519) 245-5295 x.5857
- Privacy Laws in Canada
- Information Collected
- MHA Consent for Access or Disclosure of Personal Information or Personal Health Information
- Privacy Frequently Asked Questions
- Ontario Ministry of Health and Long Term Care – update on the Health Information Protection Act, 2004. This includes questions and answers on the Act and its application
- Information and Privacy Commissioner Ontario
- Privacy Commissioner Ontario