Patient Safety is our top priority at the Middlesex Hospital Alliance (MHA). Here, we report on Patient Safety initiatives and post various performance indicators about infection control.Many of these performance indicators are required by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (MOHLTC) to reported by every hospital. The MOHLTC also posts hospital infection rates from all hospitals in the province.
The MOHLTC can have different reporting requirements for each of the infections it monitors, for example, monthly, quarterly or annually. We use these same MOHLTC standards for reporting infection control practices at MHA.
- Clostridiodes difficile
- Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA)
- Vancomycin Resistant Enterococci (VRE)
- Central-Line Primary Blood Stream Infection (CLI)
- Ventilator-Associated Pneumonia (VAP)
- Surgical Site Infection (SSI) Prevention
- Hand Hygiene Compliance (HHC)
- Surgical Safety Checklist Compliance (SSCC)
- Hospital Standardized Mortality Ratio (HSMR)