What is the Clinical Services Plan
The MHA Clinical Services Plan was created through a rigorous and consultative process and provides a critical road map to strengthen and enhance clinical programs and services at Starthroy Middlesex General Hospital and Four Counties Health Services. The Clinical Services Plan promotes key priority program areas of Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics, Emergency, Ambulatory Care, Diagnostic Imaging and Laboratory Services.
Vision: Collaborate with our patients, families, community and academic partners to provide coordinated services to meet patients’ immediate and future health needs.
- Strengthen hospitalist program
- Provide better access to mental health resources
- Develop a standardized approach to palliative
Vision: Ensure high quality obstetrical care for low-risk deliveries is available 24/7/365 for women who would like to have care closer to home.
- Expand obstetrics team to include full time obstetrician, and midwives
- Ensure 24/7 C-section coverage
Vision: Increase patient satisfaction by striving for exceptional patient care through respectful service and reduced wait times.
- Maintain 24/7 ER coverage
- Improve patient experience through access, patient flow and length of stay
- Develop collaborative care strategies
Vision: Provide quality care that is customer focused in a timely manner in order to provide relief from pain and suffering.
- Maintain six surgical specialties
- Expand general surgery at the SMGH site as resources permit
- Provide additional day procedures at the FCHS site
- Pursue surgical innovation and excellence
Vision: Increase patient access and care closer to home for non-urgent patients best seen in an ambulatory care setting.
- Provide rapid follow up for urgent and semi-urgent patients
- Ensure greater use of telemedicine
- Review and reconfigure ambulatory care model
- Add new outpatient clinics to better support the community