Thank you for accompanying your family or friend to the Emergency Department. At this time, Only one person is allowed to accompany a patient in the Emergency Department.
While you are in the Emergency department please:
- Clean your hands.
- Wear a mask during the entire visit unless directed otherwise by the healthcare provider.
- Do not eat or drink.
- Stay with your family or friend during the visit. Do not leave the room or curtained area.
- Sit in the chair provided.
- Use the public washrooms; inquire with staff for locations.
- Adhere to any additional instructions as directed by staff.
- Exceptions may be granted by healthcare providers for additional support to assist with language barriers, confusion and mental health crisis.
- Pets are not allowed. Service animals will be assessed on a case by case basis.
|These rules are to keep our patients and staff safe. If you cannot comply, you will be asked to leave the hospital. We will take your contact information so we can keep you updated.|
|Family and Care Partner Guidelines while in The Emergency Department||Patient Guides||491 KB||20/06/2023|