MIDDLESEX HOSPITAL ALLIANCE
Four Counties Health Services Site
REGULAR FULL-TIME REGISTERED NURSE – 3 positions
ACTIVE CARE NURSING UNIT & EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT
• All shifts including (7.5 h, 11.25 h) including nights, weekends, statutory holidays, call in providing inpatient and emergency care
• Positions available immediately
• Must provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox). Must provide proof of two COVID-19 Vaccinations
• Must provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing within the previous 12 months
• Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Current BCLS required
• Demonstrated commitment to medical nursing – minimum 2 – 3 yrs. (equivalent to 1950 hrs.) of previous medical nursing experience
• 2 – 3 years of Emergency Nursing experience (equivalent to 1950 hrs) – preferred
• Current Triage experience preferred
• Cardiac Care experience involving ECG monitoring and interpretation preferred
• ACLS, TNCC, PALS preferred
• Certificate(s) in Emergency Nursing and/or Critical Care an asset
• Demonstrated ability to assess concurrent demands, set priorities, organize work and maintain accuracy and concentration during periods of high activity
• Excellent physical assessment skills
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal, communication and critical thinking skills
• Demonstrated organizational and leadership skills
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team
• Evidence of ongoing professional development and self-directed learning
• Demonstrated Excellence in Attendance
• Understanding and use of good body mechanics
• Advanced Computer Skills in a Windows environment
The MHA is a FRAGRANCE FREE environment
Qualified individuals interested in this opportunity may submit a resume by clicking the “Apply for this Opportunity” button above.
Internal candidates are asked to apply no later than August 21, 2023
This will remain posted until position is filled.
We are committed to providing a safe, healthy and inclusive work environment that inspires respect. MHA is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ2+ persons. We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities and standards of goods and services.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates, as a condition of job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector police check (original document) completed in the last 12 months prior to commencing employment.
Accommodations are available on request for interviews and other selection processes