The Middlesex Hospital Alliance (MHA) is seeking a dynamic and charismatic President & CEO. This is an excellent opportunity to assume a pivotal role in this highly respected organization.
Reporting to the Board of Directors and working closely with the senior leadership team, the President & CEO is a role model, mentor, and ambassador for the organization. You are accountable for the overall operations and performance of the organization. Demonstration of successfully supporting Foundations with philanthropic endeavors is essential.
The ideal candidate is an inspiring and empowering leader, encompassing strategic leadership with a focus on exemplary patient care, attention to quality and risk as well as patient and workplace safety, financial sustainability and capital and operational planning.
You must possess a thorough understanding of the healthcare environment and possess broad experience with a full range of functions, including systems and support, allied health services, forecasting needs and securing new programming and related funding. The individual will also oversee the development of short and long range operational and capital plans. You will have a working understanding of how best to relate to and serve Indigenous communities.
You will be responsible for the implementation of the newly developed MHA strategic plan and for continuing to build and sustain effective relationships between the MHA and its internal and external stakeholders – this includes active participation in the Middlesex London Ontario Health Team.
We welcome the application of all individuals who are excited to demonstrate a shared commitment to an exceptional patient experience and contribute to our positive workplace culture. Making a commitment to not just what we do but how we do it is a philosophy that is a primary focus at MHA – as a health care organization, a major area employer, and a community resource.
MHA is a progressive, team oriented and technologically adept organization of excellence. Our culture is one which fosters an open, collaborative environment where teamwork and professional development flourish. We also promote a philosophy of equity, diversity and inclusivity. We are proud to provide quality, personalized care to the rural communities west and southwest of London Ontario. Our people make the MHA a great place to work.
- A relevant master’s degree with a minimum of 10 years of progressive leadership experience and demonstrated success in a complex health care setting
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Board of Directors, Ontario Health, Middlesex London Ontario Health Team, stakeholders, staff and physicians
- A credible leader who acts with integrity and moral wholeness
- Ability to manage to specific performance standards and to hold team members accountable
- A strategic and innovative systems thinker with demonstrated experience in effectively leading change
- A genuine desire and commitment to be an active leader and integrated member of our local communities
- Exceptional political acuity; ability to communicate effectively and address concerns with tact and diplomacy; excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Certification with CCHL required and with ACHE an asset
To be considered for this exciting leadership opportunity, please submit your resume in confidence by mail or email no later than 12:00 pm EST May 16, 2022 to:
Chair CEO Selection Committee
Middlesex Hospital Alliance
Strathroy Middlesex General Hospital
395 Carrie Street, Strathroy, ON N7G 3J4
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates, as a condition of a job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector police check (original document) completed in the last 12 months.
The Middlesex Hospital Alliance is comprised of two partner sites, Strathroy Middlesex General Hospital (SMGH) and Four Counties Health Services (FCHS), Newbury, and their respective Foundations. MHA operates with one Board of Directors.
The SMGH hospital site operates 54 acute care beds along with a comprehensive range of surgical, diagnostic and outpatient services.
FCHS is a 12- bed acute care hospital with emergency department, medical, therapy and ambulatory care services.
The MHA serves 78,000 residents in Middlesex, Lambton, Elgin and Kent Counties.